Friday, June 26, 2015

Soul Food



Coming down from a whirlwind of festivities this past weekend, I have given into my body's need to relax. No plans, nor schedules. Just surrounding myself with good people and focusing on my new journey into yoga and taking the time to read good books. 




After a long year of planning and prepping, my family and I celebrated the marriage of my youngest sister to her best friend. I am so incredibly happy for them, they make the best (and cutest) couple EVER! I loved every second of every minute within each and every hour. Between the prepping, family get together's, the sister time, it has been such a bonding experience as a family. To see it all transpire in a perfectly momentous day and to return to reality, my ultimate goal is to continue to nourish these relationships I have with my siblings. My sister's are my kindred spirits. 






 Catching up with my girlfriends has taken precedence during the week. Lunch dates at some of the best places around our little town has been so nice. One of my favorites, this simple Mexican food truck "Once Upon A Taco" which serves the best taco's around and fresh squeezed watermelon lemonade! HOLY! Its a few blocks away from work, so taking the time to sneak in a walk and good food is an awesome treat. These little things in life are sometimes taken for granted. But I am acknowledging how blessed I am to live in a thriving town that has hidden gems throughout :)





Thursday I spent the evening at the Won Dharma Center with some of my favorite ladies, finding inner peace and tranquility. The grounds alone are breathtaking. It was exactly what was needed to restore my soul and find balance.



Even though work has been interlaced throughout it has truly been a fabulous week spent nourishing my soul with family, friends and good food!! 

 

No comments: