Tuesday, June 9, 2015

My Happy Place

My happy place is my home.


Lately Chip and I have been working hard transforming our home into a place that represents who we are. A place we both love and are creating together. It's been a slow progression, but this year really marks an ambitious year. It's hard work. There is testing of patience, lots of sweat and meeting in the middle. But I have enjoyed every second of it! Nothing brings a family closer than creating a home as a team. Logan has done his part of helping daddy with handing him tools and digging In the garden with me. While Chip has been building our beautiful new outdoor living area, I've been busy bringing our furniture back to life.


The outcome is more beautiful than expected. It's the best feeling when you have created your vision by using your imagination. As you know from past posts, I am all about refurbishing or using what is around you. We have 8 lawn chairs that were gifted to us from my sister when we were married on the beaches of New Hampshire and an old glass top patio table that my husband has had for decades which has started to rust. The chairs were a very boring beige and the table was a dark green that had started to look just  awful.


My vision for our outdoor living area included bright jewel tone colors..a little bit of an exotic bohemian feel. So the colors I chose to refurbish our old ratty furniture are citrus green for the chairs and a nice bright purple for the the table.


The project itself was super easy,  perfect for crafty beginners. I highly recommend the paint I chose, Krylon Maxx Ultimate Coverage, purchased at Walmart. One can of spray covered 2 chairs without having to apply an extra coat. For the table I used 3 cans. 


I am super happy with our new outdoor living area, it's the perfect place to host many summer gatherings!! 


I know I am a day late, but I hope everyone had a beautiful weekend! 


No comments: