Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Effortless Ways To Unravel

After a long day at the office, it's time to head home, wrap up in your softest robe imaginable, pour yourself a glass of wine and divulge in a steamy book of...NOT! Who you kidding Jackson?! That is not the reality for most ladies my age! There are tiny creatures waiting for your full attention and undying affection, hungry tummies of all sizes, baths to be drawn, messes to be swept and of course playtime in between!!!

So, let's hit the restart button on this gig and walk in the door. First things first, unwind by giving your family your FULL attention, because that is therapeutic to everyone's soul, eh! 

Then head to the kitchen, flip on the beats, now enters Taylor Swift "Shake It Off", let's dance!!! One of my favorite ways to unwind is with my son showing off some great moves, which he impresses me every time (not sure its vice versa though, lol!)! He's got skill!!! But seriously, shake off the load you carry from work, because it's simply not fair to unload all that crap on those you love.

 
(You know you are with me! So why not turn up the tunes as well! Shake it baby!)
 
 After dinner when everyone is ready to relax, play and enjoy family time....slip into your favorite lounge attire. Mine usually consists of leggings, a big over sized super soft sweater and of course knee high socks/slippers. Its what I call lounging fashionably, you never know who might arrive at your doorstep, at least at my household! I know for some of my favorite ladies, whipping off that contraption called a bra is the very first thing they do when arriving home!! HA! Couldn't be more with them on this!

Then I like to light my bazillion candles......I would like to state that I am not a pyro, although others might disagree (since I have them EVERYWHERE!). There is something so calming about the soft glow of candlelight. It calms the soul. Combined with the woodstove, its perfect!


I typically take a shower, but obviously, drawing yourself a bath is super luxurious, so if  you can, indulge darling. Whether it be a bath or a shower, allow yourself to breath in the steam and wash your worries and anxieties down the drain. A friend of mine just recently led me to something I haven't tried yet, but it sounds like bliss. Place a few drops of your favorite essential oils (Eucalyptus or lavender or whatever you love) on a wet washcloth and simply hang it where the steam will vaporize the oils throughout the shower....did I hear "aaaaahhhhh" yet?! Speaking of the shower, not to go off on a tangent, but I do my best thinking in the shower! The most creative ideas simply blossom....somehow I need to take advantage of this, maybe by simply keeping a notepad in the bathroom to quickly jot down my ideas. Because as soon as the steam evaporates, so does my entire thought process. So sad....anyway, moving on.....

 
(We love tubby time! Be sure to treat you tiny tots to the relaxation of essential oils!)

After tucking the babes to bed, its time to fluff your favorite satiny feather pillows and pour yourself a nice crisp glass of Sauvignon Blanc, ahem, at least that is what I do! My absolute choice wine is Bancroft Estate, which is a California Sauvignon Blanc....the taste is absolute adoration first sip. Please do add this to your shopping list, I promise girls, you will not be disappointed. Although the sticker price gets a $$ at nearly $15 a bottle. Its well worth the splurge! 

 
Married with that, I keep a deep dark chocolate bar in my freezer so that I can break off a square. I happen to be smitten with Godiva Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Bar...oh my heavens. Another fabulous idea that the same said friend passed on to me, which I did try, is to sprinkle a few drops of lavender essential oils onto your pillows. Let me tell you, the first time I did this, my son planted his blonde little head into his pillow and came up asking me what that smell was and that he loved it! As I did too!! I am thinking of purchasing some vanilla oil as well and combining the two with water to create a mist. I will let you know what the results are in a future post! The soft smell of lavender helped to just calm the body and mind. Holistic remedies have always been a strong interest of mine! 

 
I also found that listening to my Calm App right before bed truly helps my thoughts to unravel into dreams clouded with scents of lavender and what's to come, because darling, the best is yet to come!!
 
I would love to hear how you unravel!!

XO, Carla




1 comment:

Sara Alvarez said...

I love your blog!! I am now a subscriber!!!! Looooove you and love supporting you!!!