Monday, February 23, 2015

A Case of the Blahs; Rejuvenated


Hope ya'll had a fantabulous weekend!!! We finally had a warm front so we were able to head outdoors for some much needed fresh air and vitamin D! Last week I had a serious case of the blahs. Between my  work load increasing, temperatures staying below zero, my boys being sick (that includes my husband since I only have one little boy technically) and a nasty case of cabin fever, it's not a rare diagnoses round these parts of the northeast hemisphere. 


But I was able to shake it off this past weekend with the help of much needed sister time, which included lots of gut aching laughter, crafts for her upcoming wedding, a makeup trial run (which was done after a few glasses of wine, you can imagine the outcome, lol!) and the love sisters share. 



My entire family benefited from her visit. She has a natural calming quality that soothes and comforts, she is like home. She is medicine to my soul. And the laughter between us is the best of all. If I could spend the rest of my days in a fit of laughter, my world would be ideal. That should be an added life goal! 


If you're a mother, you will completely relate I am sure. My son is three. We flew through the two year stage without a hiccup, he was my sweet darling boy with a heart of gold. And....he still is....but with added sass, independence and I swear he is on the brink of turning 15. The defiance! To get a kiss or hug from the little dude is like begging for the moon and I end up looking the pathetic baby! Lol!


But this weekend, this weekend he overcompensated for lost time (yup, pathetic). He gave me my hugs, kisses and "I love you"'s on his own accord! My heart and mind have been in full swoon mood. I soaked it up like sea sponge! Oh the joys of being a parent (and I mean that in every way)! 



We ended the weekend visiting my parents (aka the grandparents). They are my bread and butter. I needed the comfort that parents can give. They love you even in your ugliest of moments. We took a nice walk, splashed in melted snow and laughed about life in general. I am so thankful for my parents. 



I think when it comes down to it, all we need or want in life is to love, be loved and to laugh, along with a purpose to live. Thus the overused cliche "live, laugh, love". I suppose it's overused because it reigns true to so many. 

Although Monday's can be the pits, I am refreshed and ready to start a new week with a new attitude. Hope you have a great day as well!!

Carla, XO


No comments: